Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am 28 year old mother of one who is finally taking action and changing my career/ following my dream. At present I am a Mother, Wife, Student, Case Manager and Maitre'd in that order! For the past 7 years I have been working as a Case Manager and Youth Worker with a focus on Training and Mentoring for early school leavers. It was doing this that got me thinking about teaching and how I would like to work with young people before they leave school. I would eventually love to work as a Guidence Counsellor and put all my years working as in Case Management to good use but that is a longer term goal and I am taking things one day at a time!A you can see from the title of this blog I love quotes! So I will finish up with a quote that I love from one of my favorite authors,which I think summarizes this course perfectly for me! "Experience: the most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S Lewis

Monday, May 3, 2010

Message Stick Video.

Wow! what an amazing and inspiring video this is

I wrote a post on my blog earlier about how the use of ICT'S in class can foster an environment where every student is equal and I loved how all of the students were interacting with the technology, just as capable as any other student anywhere in Australia.


Seeing the students and how they worked with the music to tell there own story also inspired me as it was a great example of how students who are usually more withdrawn will express themselves through music.

The students in the community had few resources and very little support however were still able to overcome these barriers while in class through the use of multimedia devices to bring out their ideas and creativity.

The techniques that the film crew used obviously worked and considered the students culture and backgrounds and how they could use their experiences to tell there own story with fantastic outcomes and results.

As one of the elders in the video commented "without our culture, we'd be lost", and what the crew did not only engaged the students by using multimedia but allowed them to identify strongly with their culture which was what I loved the most about this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment