Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am 28 year old mother of one who is finally taking action and changing my career/ following my dream. At present I am a Mother, Wife, Student, Case Manager and Maitre'd in that order! For the past 7 years I have been working as a Case Manager and Youth Worker with a focus on Training and Mentoring for early school leavers. It was doing this that got me thinking about teaching and how I would like to work with young people before they leave school. I would eventually love to work as a Guidence Counsellor and put all my years working as in Case Management to good use but that is a longer term goal and I am taking things one day at a time!A you can see from the title of this blog I love quotes! So I will finish up with a quote that I love from one of my favorite authors,which I think summarizes this course perfectly for me! "Experience: the most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S Lewis

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Animations and Simulations

After browsing through the listed animation and simulation sites in the ICT courseware I actually came ac cross some I could use directly in the school I have been placed at! The Year 7 Integrated Unit for the class I am in is "Catchment to Coast" and I found some digital media on the Depardre site and two Gizmo's on the Explore Learning Site on the water cycle and pollution that would be perfect to use in class!

The digital media on Pardre would be great for introducing the topic and the Gizmos would be a novel way to help the students obtain some declarative knowledge on the water cycle and pollution which is a part of the content of the "Catchment to Coast" unit! A justification for the use of animations and simulations in class!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meegan
    That is such good news! I look forward to hearing how they went.
    Good luck
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete